Thursday, January 5, 2017

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Trail Blazes? Not So Much


I've written about them before, but mushrooms amaze me. There is such a diversity of this fungus that I just have to stop and take a picture of almost every one I see. Plus, certain mushrooms taste amazing, so that helps! These mushrooms were growing on the trunk of a tree near the trail while I was hiking in Big Thicket National Preserve a few weeks ago, and the bright white caught my eye simply because I thought they were trail blazes. Closer inspection showed me they weren't, but the contrast with the mossy green trunk compelled me to take a few shots. Also, mushrooms in December! You gotta love Texas weather. I know some people don't like mushrooms, but you have to admit that they can be pretty!

Leave me a comment below and tell me if you like mushrooms! Why or why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment