Tuesday, January 10, 2017

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Berries on the Trail


Petit Jean State Park is a little gem hidden in central Arkansas that surprised me at nearly every turn. Callie and I were hiking on a brisk autumn morning there, chasing the sun, when we turned a corner and nearly ran into a shrub bearing the most brilliantly purple berries I've ever seen. I have no idea what they are, or if they're edible or not, but they looks so pretty clustered against the green leaves and branches of their plant that I couldn't help but take a picture or two. Learning what I can and can't eat while on the trail is something that has always held my interest, and it's something I really should look into. Of course, I'm not stupid enough to go eating random things at will without a trained professional to tell me yes or no on plant... I'd like to live, thanks.

Leave me a comment below and tell me about a pretty plant you've seen while out in nature. Do you know what kind of berry this is?

No comments:

Post a Comment