Thursday, June 4, 2015

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Walking on Thin Ice


I've been told on multiple occasions how confident, brave, bold, gutsy, ect. I am. Yes, I try to be that way. I certainly try not to say "no" when an opportunity arises to do something I've never done before. There is, however, a limit to that confidence. Heights? No problem. Airplanes? Thanks anyway. White water rafting? Sure! Boats/canoes? Not a fan. Walking over a frozen lake that is unknown depth in the middle of winter with the only way out another mile-plus walk back to the car through a snowy mountain landscape? I get a little uncomfortable. So much so that I'd rather bushwhack my way around the lake than go straight over it. Of course, on our way back to the car I was tired and cold (story here) and decided that the fear of falling into the lake was less than my desire to get back to my warm car, but you bet your ass I went as quickly as I could across that lake and breathed a huge sigh of relief when I knew I was on solid earth.
Leave me a comment below and tell me about something that makes you uncomfortable. It'll help me feel better about having a few fears!

No comments:

Post a Comment