Saturday, September 28, 2019

Excuses, Excuses


Apologetic. I'm still alive! If you follow along on my Instagram or Facebook page you guys know that I just haven't been feeling inspired to share my travels lately. I'm not going to lie, my trials early this spring, with my surgery and my wrist, took a lot of wind out of me and it's taken quite some time to ground myself again. Writing is a form of introspection for me, and I haven't really wanted to look into my own head for the last... Well, for a while. I think I'm ready to change that! I'm still travelling, of course, but the words required to write up my adventures have been non-existent. I've had four trips this summer, two major week-long (or more!) adventures and two shorter long-weekend length get-aways, and have at least a couple more planned for this autumn, though no set plans for the early winter season.


My first trip this summer took me all over the eastern seaboard; I hit twenty-four states in eleven days! I spent a long weekend in Dallas attending LeakyCon, which is a Harry Potter convention, because I am a giant nerd and Tom Felton (who played Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter movies) was there and there was no way the eleven-year-old me would have forgiven myself if I'd missed the chance to see him. Shortly after that I spent a week climbing mountains and sight-seeing in Colorado with Torrey for the sixth year in a row. More recently my husband and I attended a wedding on the Texas Gulf Coast which was a beach get-away as much as a celebration, and it was awesome.


You can probably tell I have a ton of material to write about from the last three or so months, which means it's about time I shove my butt into gear and actually get to it. I always try to write as chronologically as I can, as this blog is pretty much a personal digital journal that I am just egotistical enough to believe someone else might want to read, but this time I'm just going to write about whichever trip or adventure or story inspires me most, so that maybe I'll actually get something down on a page for the first time in months. So fair warning, I guess, that I might be talking about a few days in New York in one post then abruptly share a story about climbing a 14,000 foot mountain in Colorado in the next.


I think that's plenty enough of me rambling and rattling off excuses about my abysmal lack of writing. If you're still with me after my hiatus, thank you for sticking around! If you're just finding this blog, hopefully I'll post a little more consistently from now on. My next post will be published soon, so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment