Thursday, May 23, 2019

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Hedgehog Cactus


There is such thing as a HEDGEHOG CACTUS!!!! Y'all, I had no idea (or maybe I did but had forgotten over the years) that there were little cacti colonies called hedgehog cacti, and I might have squeaked out loud when I found them while visiting Saguaro National Park over the winter. I'm not even sorry, I was SO excited! This little plant combines a couple of my loves: hedgehogs (yes, the animal, I have a few of my own as pets) and cacti! Now, I have no idea how well these guys grow in East Texas, but I sure as hell want to find out. I'm on the hunt for some of my own now, so do your girl a favor and let me know if you ever find any for sale!
Please note, I would never go out and dig one up from it's natural habitat, especially not in a national park. I'd rather find a reputable plant farm and buy one from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment