Tuesday, February 19, 2019

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Joshua Trees


Please bear with me as I let my inner plant-nerd see the sun for a minute: There are Joshua Trees in Arizona!!!! I had NO idea!! Granted, I know very little about these plants outside what I know about Joshua Tree National Park in California (and the fact that assholes cut some down during the government shutdown because they're pieces of shit who don't deserve to walk this earth, but that's besides the point) so when I first saw them at our Aid Station while volunteering at the Grandmaster Ultra I was convinced they were something else. When I finally got back to reliable cell reception I looked them up, and sure enough, Joshua Trees can grow in certain places within Nevada and Arizona! So I spent a handful of days camping and hanging out in a Joshua Tree forest, right in the little desert corner of Arizona, Nevada, and Utah, and that knowledge just tickles me pink! And to think, I let Hoodoo climb around on these trees, and may or may not have spent a good amount of time taking pictures of them and him. Seriously y'all, it's the little things!

Leave me a comment below and let me know if you've ever seen a Joshua Tree. Aren't they neat!?

No comments:

Post a Comment