Tuesday, February 13, 2018

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Indian Cave


Indian Cave State Park in southeastern Nebraska has always occupied a place of quite appreciation in my head. I can't remember my first time visiting, because I've always visited this park, since I was a baby in my parent's arms. I remember camping there, stopping by on our way to see family in the area, spending an afternoon or a day or a night tucked against the border of Nebraska and Iowa. October was always the best time to visit, when park staff pulled out all the stops for their Halloween celebration and the trees popped with gold and red as far as you could see. The "cave" itself was always worth a visit, and though the petroglyphs etched into the sandstone bluff never change you could still feel the weight of history surrounding you as you searched for remiders of the past. I haven't been to the park since I moved to Texas, but when I got a chance to do so while vising family I took it. I wasn't disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment