Thursday, July 6, 2017

A Snapshot and The Scoop: The Narrows - A Life Goal


The trail at the end of the road in Zion National Park has a lot of pull: it is easily accessible to anybody, it takes you right along the Virgin River between towering sandstone cliffs, and, of course, the river itself. This path is the jumping point for anybody wishing to walk up-river to any distance; most people go a mile or less against the current before turning around, though a fair few travel several miles upstream to get to The Narrows. The Narrows is where the walls of Zion Canyon close in around you and the river stretches from wall to wall. It is definitely not a place to be when a storm threatens. They can be done during a long day trip, but also by a multi-day backpacking trip, and it is the multi-day adventure that is on my short list for epic trips. I'm itching to get my feet wet (literally) and hike with the current of the Virgin River in some of the most pristine canyon country in the West. As of right now I don't have plans for this adventure yet, but I hope to within the next few years!

Leave me a comment below and tell me if you'd be interested in doing this with me! I'm looking for an adventure buddy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment