Thursday, February 23, 2017

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Nature is an Artist


I have been so lazy about writing lately; it's not that I don't have time, or things to write about, it's just that by the time I go to sit down and write about my adventures I no longer have the brain power to do so. I'm not making any promises about being better in the near future, but let's consider this a fresh restart. I am two months in to my New Year's Resolution to go camping at least once a month (so far so good!) and I took the above picture on my first camping trip of the year in the middle of January on the Gulf Coast. It was a gloomy, foggy, chilly sort of weekend, but the sun peeked out from behind the dense clouds for a couple of glorious hours in the evening, and the molted colors on this shell caught my eye. Given that the sun and the surf eventually bleach all of the shells on the beach a stark white, the oranges and purples actually made me stop in my tracks. Callie, who was with me and was used to me stopping randomly to stoop down and look at something on the ground, just kept going on her merry way. She only came over to investigate when she heard the shutter on my camera clicking as I tried to find the perfect light and angle to capture the shell. I finally achieved what I wanted, and kept going, only to stop a few feet away to look at another shell. Oh, the joys of beachcombing.

No comments:

Post a Comment