Thursday, July 9, 2015

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Getting Right Into The Middle Of It


Last year, on a mild winter day back in Nebraska, I found myself driving around Valentine, NE with Marley, on the hunt for a good story and an awesome view. We took a little side road with a sign promising a view of the Niobrara River and the valley the river carved for itself. Driving a short distance down a dirt road, we turned a corner and suddenly found ourselves in the middle of a herd of bison. I had had my windows down because my dog likes to be a dog and stick his head out, but when I realized what I had driven in to I slowly rolled them up. The last thing I wanted was Mar to suddenly bark and start a panic within the herd. We drove forward slowly, inching past the moms with newly born calves and waiting patiently for the herd to move off of the road in front of us. Finally, the road cleared and we drove on to a spectacular view of the river and the sandhills of  north central Nebraska.

Leave me a comment below and tell me about a time you've found yourself in an unexpected place, and how did you deal with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment