Thursday, May 7, 2015

A Snapshot and The Scoop: Taking in the View


Sometimes, you just gotta stop and smell the mountain air. Even if you're lost, like I was when I sat down in a boulder field while hiking at Rocky Mountain National Park in June of 2014. I had been scrambling for over an hour, trying to find the trail that I knew had to be close by. Somewhere above the treeline I stopped on a flat boulder, put my feet up, had a bite to eat and just relaxed. I knew it would do me no good to panic, so I just marveled at the mountain landscape that surrounded me. I found the trail eventually, and went on to summit the mountain. Read that story here.
Leave me a comment below and tell me how you would have handled being lost, and where you like to go to get some R&R.

No comments:

Post a Comment